A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Its Getting Closer and the Dig is Done

It is indeed getting closer only three more days til Saturday and the last of the finishing touches are coming in place. With the barrows completed and the Longship finished the next thing that was needed was the dug rubble from the excavation and it was them that are finished today along with a wooded area.


To make the spoil heaps from the excavation was a simple affair using some polystyrene which was broken up and glues to a base. Then used polyfiller to sculpt the landscape and then added some sand to give it some texture. Then it was a simple case of paint and flock and it is all done.


I made four of these spoil heaps as I can use them at a later date for other things like gun emplacements or defences. I might even flock the tops of them as have them as sort of hills or rough areas. To tell the truth I am not totally sure as yet.


As you can see the whole setup with the Longship and the barrows to see what it is like and I have to say I am rather happy with the results. I thing it with be a rather fitting centre piece and this is where the "ghost" Saxons will be pouring out of, along with the barrows and a couple of other places. I hope it will all look good on the day and everyone enjoys it.


The figures, though connected the to game are there to give a sense of scale,as it is a rather large boat and the barrows are about the same size. I am not sure if I want a six by four or a eight by four table and I know I really need to make my mind up. Either way I have enough scenery and terrain to fill it, I hope.


All that is left to do is to print and laminate the play sheets and the information sheets and finish off a new unit that I am painting, a unit of yeomanry both mounted and dismounted, but I need to get the printing done before hand. Then it is packing everything away.

Have a good day

PK

Sunday, 22 February 2015

Hammerhead, Saxons and Vikings.

Yippee, just one week to go to Hammerhead, well six days, as it is on Saturday 28th and I am getting very excited over it too. Most of the terrain is done, just got to finish off the dug, rubble marked for the Longship and finish off a unit of yeomanry and thats it, well almost as I have to print off the playsheets and the information sheets and then Mrs PK can laminate them using her new laminator.  Then its the sorting and boxing of the stuff and I dare say adding of more stuff as you do.



These are the information sheets for the game explaining just what the heck is going on, well I hope they do and I have added a Sutton Hoo border, which I think is rather neat and might add it to the play sheets too. Dont you just love designers when they come up with that killer idea minutes before the deadline?




I thought it would be nice to leave you with a couple of shots of the Saxons and Vikings fighting each other. This was the first time that I put all of them on together and on a board at the same time and I was firstly shocked by the numbers that I had painted, realised I now would more of them and lastly just how good and individual these Gripping Beast figures are. Well I hope you like them and if you are in Newark on Saturday pop other and say Hi.

Have a great Day

PK

Saturday, 14 February 2015

More Hammerhead Suff

With Hammerhead only being a couple of weeks away it is now time to turn up the light on it and get things organised for the show. Now for those of you that put shows on at shows you will know what I mean, that this organisation starts months being the show starts and matter how well you plan it surprises me every time the amount you end up doing in the last couple of weeks. For myself I still have a mounted and foot unit to paint, tons of stone walls to do and dug rubble to do. Its not a lot I know but still it has to be completed. But at least the main part is broke and its the bits and bods left.



I have finished the banners for the show and even painted a unit of Blackshorts too. I am happy with the way the banners turned out but less happy with the Blackshorts but I might revisit them in the future but they are fine for now.


Just something didnt work with the unit for me, maybe its because they are fascists or maybe my painting style does suit Perry Miniatures to well. I bet it is the later as the miniatures themselves are very nice.


I have also finished the playsheets for the game an I have created five different one for it. I know it is a bit of overkill with them but they look nice and I will be, or rather Mrs PK will be laminating them with her new laminator that she has got herself. Dont ask me why she has a laminator but it was something she has always wanted and she has always wanted to laminate things, which means I know can have laminated playsheets for games, lucky me.






Anyway enough of me, have a great weekend.

Cheers

PK
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...