Wednesday, 28 March 2012

The Completed Essex & Kent Scottish, 1938

Yes I have finished the blighter, yahoo. No more tartan for a while :). Yes here is the finished Canadian Highland, the Essex & Kent Scottish, fighting for the Albertine forces as part of a cadre. Like I said I painted him in the uniform of this regiment, in kilt, the MacGregor tartan, with the greenish khaki colour of the Canadians as opposed to the brownish khaki of the British uniforms. He is in marching order, with backpack, and has 08 Pattern Webbing. He has a purple armband on of the Albertine forces. I have to say I am rather please with him, the pose, the face and the tartan. It now is starting to make me think that I might be good enough to illustrate for the likes of Osprey Publishing or alike. Well here he is and you can decided.

Essex Kent Scottish Regiment, 1938

8 comments:

  1. Excellent work sir you have certainly improved a hell of a lot over the last year or so (and you were far from shabby to start with!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup looks good enough to me. Osprey cover here you come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely job there, far too accurate for an Osprey book though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent illustration, and I'm sure Osprey would snap you up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn right they are and better than some Ospreys that have been published!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely good enough for Osprey. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree wholeheartedly with the above gentlemen. I have often thought of your work akin to those found in the Osprey titles; if not better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you chaps for your comments and thinking one is good enough for them. We'll just have to see what the future brings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...