Monday, 23 April 2012

Happy 30th Anniversary of the ZX Spectrum

Oh My God just how old do I feel knowing that the ZX Spectrum is 30 years old. Blimey I had one of these when I was at school shortly before getting a Commodore 64 and having the fun of spending hours waiting for a game to load for bloody thing to only crash on you.  But there some great games and great times had by me and my friends but strangely we still preferred to play outside and  played before going to bed. Oh how things have changed.



Oh yes also Happy St George's Day to all of you (from a Irishmen, omg I have turned English)


6 comments:

  1. Good old Spectrum. I used to spend hours typing in codes to write supposedly brilliant games; *sigh* the old days eh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow 30 years old, I never really used the Spectrum I think the Amiga was my first computer. Happy days I seem to recall loading screens saying things like "insert floppy disk 26 to play level 4"

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I like old things too"...(a happy thought from a senior citizen).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the ZX I had stacks of games for mine, amazing how long we used to wait for the damn thing to load up a game....those were the days!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never owned a Spectrum, but I remember them well. The first I saw was at the 1985 ARMAGEDDON show in Reading, where a team of players used it to moderate a series of SCW games, all based on the same scenario. It flowed really quickly, five whole games in during the course of the day. A sign of things to come...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blooming thing and yes I guess if was not the like of it, the Amiga and others today we would not be doing this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...