Wednesday, 22 August 2012

The Partizan Show Freebie Figure

Some of you might remember me saying something about a being asked if they can make a figure of one of my illustrations well this evening I was emails some photos, Top Secret like of the green of the freebie figure for the Other Partizan show and I was shocked at what I saw. I opened the emails and saw the photos I realised that a dream of mine was fulfilled, that of seeing what of my illustrations realised as a sculpt.

Illustration of the Kelham Monk
Above is the original idea of the Kelham Monk, as appeared in the Guide to the Anglican League, a group of militant monks fighting with the Anglican League in and around Newark, based at Kelham Hall. Below is the sculpt created by Mark Sims of Crusader Miniatures and i have to say he has a wonderful job in being him to live. He has been sent to the mould maker and caster today and should be ready for the Other Partizan show on 2nd September as the freebie figure. 





I love the fact he has a covered Adrian Helmet and drawstrings on the waist, why did I think of that? I am so over the moon and please with this, you cant imagine my first figure of one of my illustrations. Hopefully it will be the first of many. 

Now there is a good reason for going to the show.

13 comments:

  1. Now that's cool and so is the figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be proud as any new father seeing the birth of their first child!

    Congratulations and cigars all round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Papa! You have been enshrined in lead!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent!!!! The figure looks very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely job! Wish that I could go so that I could get one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great pete, really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good, will you have a small pile of them on your gaming table. It is also fitting given that Kelham Hall was were the Monks lived for some time.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool. Bet he'll get pride of place in your collection

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cool. Awesome looking figure too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the illustration ,love the figure and wish I could go to the show and get one.Perhaps some maker will sell them eventually.
    He'd be perfect for my Caldey Island Monk unit for my Welsh Nationalists!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic, going to have to make sure I get one of those. I remember many a club night at the Irregulars as a petulant teenager bagging up all of the free minaitures. Great to see your art emerge from the page as it were!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks there chaps and I know that I am a very lucky chap. Maybe in the future you could find more of my illustrations made into the lead. Well I can dream.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is superb! What an absolute delight to see one of your illustrations brought to life like that; I am absolutely chuffed to bits for you Pete.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...