Sunday, 23 September 2012

The Highlander is Coming Along

I am now a little worried by the title for some reason, well there are going to be a couple of disappointed people when they visit my blog, lol. Here is the Highlander Militiaman that I am painting for Si at Solway and the next book the Armies and Enemies of the Scottish Republic. I have gone for the Jacobite feel with the dirk and the claymore, I thought that the Targe was a bit too far. I have settled on Cunningham pattern Tartan, actually suggested by someone of the same name and here he is so far.

Highland Militiaman, 1938

10 comments:

  1. I love the assured stance of the figure, nice work mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Och aye, the noo!

    Lee-Enfield, bayonet and claymore; he's not one to mess with!

    Lovely work, PK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly are an ace with that tartan Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome. Fantastic !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great illustration flows through your veins, PK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work on the tartan it looks really sharp the colours are all really rich.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I won't be disappointed PK. If you've got a Scotsman on the page, I'll be licking my lips like that cat who's got in the cream!!

    PS The Hubby is 3rd generation Scot!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to say that I wasn't one of those chaps that were disappointed when I visited this page ;O)

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad that you all like the fella, wait to you see the finished item.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...