A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Monday, 19 November 2012

Another Scottish Covenanter

Here is the second Scottish Covenanter for the Armies and Enemies of the Scottish Republic book by Solway and I have gone for a more highlander look for this one. Again I am going to do a Grey jacket and blue tam but the kilt is going to in Covenanter tartan which is a rather simple tartan pattern which suits these rather God fearing gents.

Highland Covenanter, 1938

Covenanter Tartan

21 comments:

  1. How un-sexy is that tartan?! Easy to paint though, I bet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is one of the most boring tartans ever, but I am looking forward to painting it, lol

      Delete
    2. You'd have to be a woman to understand the sex-appeal of a Scotsman in, or out of, tartan!!

      Delete
  2. Nice! Leaning into the wind, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never noticed that he is leaning, I will say it the weight that he is carrying and the wind blowing through the Trossachs.

      Delete
  3. Great looking tartan, should look very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Ray, I hope to never paint tartan again period, lol

      Delete
  4. Oh my that is dull and dreary Tartan...perfect for the Covenanters :D

    Glad to see these pics as these boys are the main faction that i have been building. I really need to get pics of what i have so far as i have two units of Covenanters or my Black and Greys and now have my BB to back them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you are liking these Flags and I would love to see the pics of your forces, post them on VBCF that what I say

      Delete
  5. Very nice work PK. The Laddie looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you've made the right choice with the colour of the tartan PK. It's most likely what he'd be wearing with the jacket and the man is wearing a rifle. He's a fine looking man to my eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Anne and hopefully it will be a good picture.

      Delete
  7. Well I never, what a strange tartan, but as you say it fits the personality of the chap depicted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Michael and yes it is a strange tartan but compared to the others I have done recently it should be easier to paint.

      Delete
  8. you have just given me a rather good idea with that tartan. Great sketch as ever mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to be of service there Old Boy and thanks there

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...