Saturday, 10 November 2012

Scottish British Union of Fascists

Here is the last sketch of the Royalists for the Armies and Enemies of the Scottish Republic and this chap is a rare member of the British Union of Fascists in Scotland. I have gone for the more civvie look with this chap and envisioned him to be a bank manager type from a rather well heelled family and have tried to capture this. The uniform is an actually copy of a BUF Action Press uniform and   I am looking forward to painting this one. Here is the chap.

Ernest Smallbottom, BUF Commander,
Scotland, 1938

12 comments:

  1. Lovely illustration. And, yes, he does look like he would be more than happy to take your money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks there Jay and I think you might be right

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice sir. Like your thinking of his character it fits him well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Brummie, sometime make me wish I could sculpt as I would have a characterful figure range, lol

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks there but I cant claim the name as Si at Solway came up with it I think

      Delete
  5. Banker , fascist, works for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good mate, look forward to seeing this chap painted .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Mr Smillie and the painted chap will be coming along soon

      Delete
  7. Great work on this illustration PK. Certainly looks the type!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Rodger I am glad you think I have captured what I was aiming for

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...