A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Sunday, 16 December 2012

Humberstone Militia, The Village Section

The next in the Humberstone Militia series is the The Village Section. Now this section is made up from professions and shopkeepers from the village itself. The section has a number of ex service personnel in,is actually led by a Great War Veteran,  as well as untrained volunteers. This section is considered to be the backbone of the militia.

The section is armed along standard military thinking with most carrying a SMLE Rifle but the 2IC carries a shotgun for that extra help and the officer is armed with a pistol. The section support comes in the form of a Lewis LMG and the standard bearer has a C96 "Broom Handled" Mauser. The flag is that the Union Flag with devices emblazoned on for the city and the village.

Humberstone Militia, The Village Section,
Humberstone Militia, The Village Section
Humberstone Militia, The Village Section Colours



21 comments:

  1. Very very nice figures. I admire the little details, like the use of shading and variation on the tin hats. I especially like the chap in the flying helmet. I keep reading your page and wanting to get into this period, especially after seeing your Canadian volunteers. I must resist.
    Cheers,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be carefully Mad Padre as that how I got started into this madcap world, lol. But really thanks for the comments and VBCW is a wonderful little idea

      Delete
  2. Another superb unit. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another tremendous unit and what a wonderful advertisement for the very talented Mr Hicks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Michael and I really do need to starting looking at other sculptures, na, I love Hick's scuplts

      Delete
  4. Great section full of character and local flavour. welldone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not bought into the VBCW until yesterday. It now turns out a club member wants to do it. Therefore I will no doubt surcumb. Your page was sited as inspiration by him. And I must agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very kind of your friend to say that about my blog and I am so glad that it has provided in inspiration to him and you to. I love the idea and the period, all that boys own comic stuff and Jeeves and Wooster. I think it is a very nice break from the more serious wargames but at the same time a jolly good game. But I would say that,lol

      Delete
  6. Yet again another brilliant paintjob - love your Humberstone units, they are what VBCW is all about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much there JP and that means a lot to me as I think you units too as the very essence of VBCW

      Delete
  7. More great troops! I like the chap on the left with his goggles and flying hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a wonderful figure and its even crazier than you think as he has roller skates on too

      Delete
  8. PK: this unit is going to win-the-day. Too much wisdom and life experience bundled up in these old-timers to loose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Jay and in fact in the number of games there have played they are yet to run away, actually getting into combat might be nice, lol

      Delete
  9. Hi, I do think this is an excellent site. I stumbledupon
    it ;) I am going to return once again since I book-marked
    it. Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide other
    people.
    Also visit my webpage link building software free

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...