A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Saturday, 5 January 2013

Elvis has Just Left the Building

Well maybe not exactly Elvis maybe more Bubba Ho Tep but you get the picture. Another Zombie survivor and again this figure is from Hasslefree Miniatures named Bubba, strangely enough, lol. It is a great sculpt and i have to confess a love of Elvis so I had to have to. It said to me Vegas Elvis, no my famous Elvis, so instead of going for the usual white baby gown, sorry jumpsuit, I decided on a black one with white and gold trimmings. I have to admit that I am not totally happy with the resulting finished figure, I think its too dark and I might go back to it at a later date and start again. But for the time being it is good enough to game with.




20 comments:

  1. I think dark works Pete, after all the white would get stained far too easily! I've got one of these lurking around somewhere which I'm planning to teat myself with when the challenge finishes in March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a lovely figure Michael and I enjoyed painting it and I think black is better than white

      Delete
  2. A great figure and you've done him well...Elvis has left the building, even the impersonators!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks pretty good to me mate! did you make the base as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr Smillie and yes I did make the base, just some rolled green stuff made into rugs

      Delete
  4. Nice work buddy, I really like this figure but I would probably struggle myself to choose a scheme for him as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Brummie everyone should have at least one Elvis

      Delete
  5. Nice work, PK! He'll twang them to sleep then shoot them! This King is clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The King is clever indeed and thanks Jay

      Delete
  6. Yep I think dark works, much more practical as well

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooohooo, the King of Rock N Roll. You know I hated to see him in that white jumpsuit. He looked so much better in dungarees or better yet in black leather. nom nom nom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the young before GI Elvis and I too hate to see white jumpsuit Elvis

      Delete
  8. An excellent figure Pk! I'm sure Mr Presley would approve!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not an Elvis fan. But despite that I can appreciate the craftsmanship you have applied to get such a good result. Nice one PK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Clint but how can you not love Elvis, lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...