A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Sunday, 27 January 2013

Event/Change Cards for VBCW Game for Partizan

Here is the first draft or rather examples of the Event Cards we are planning on using, along with Mr Ook's wonderful rules for the game at Partizan. These event cards are the ones from Went the Day Well and I have poncified, but I am planning these to be used with any set of rules for VBCW. What do you think of them chaps? Any suggestions to make them better?

Backside of the cards

Fronts of the cards






16 comments:

  1. They look great Pete, my only suggestion would be to have different facing colours for the type of card so if its one which is good for you its green and if its bad for you (like that bloody common cold one I always get) its red? But that's probably a very personal preference kind of thing. Nice work mate.

    I mean for the size with the writing on, not the back which looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a very good idea about the facings there Mr Smillie and I believe thats the way Ook did them in his rules too.

      Delete
  2. Love the cards Pete, the last one made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you like them Michael and they made you laugh. However the actual script was dont by a far cleverer man than I, a chap called Ook

      Delete
  3. They look great! Not sure if its my computer or my eyes, but I found it difficult reading the font???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback there Ray I am planning on changing the font

      Delete
  4. Splendid work there, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with Ray. I understand why you have used that font and it looks great for the titles but is difficult for me to read in the main text. Maybe it's because I'm Dyslexic or my age, or my computer.

    I must emphasis that seeing them in real life might well be very different to seeing them on screen. So you will have to be the final judge on ths matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback Clint its the sort of criticism I am after

      Delete
  6. I like the design, but have to agree with Ray and Clint. Using the period-style font in the header is great and definitely adds to the charm, but it's a tad hard to read in the body of the text.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta AJ for the feedback and it does seem the font is a tad hard to read

      Delete
  7. Looks nice. I found I really had to concentrate to read the text, Perhaps keep the heading of the card in that font and perhaps use an easier one for the description.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon and I think or rather know I am changing the font.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...