Sunday, 13 January 2013

Its been a while

Yes its been a little while since I last posted but events have taken over me a little. The last few days have been a nightmare and I am glad that they are over now and I can get back to painting. Talking of which here is the latest addition to my Humberstone Militia. It is a die cast Matchbox steam truck which I have had knocking around for a while. Y have repainted the thing in that lovely olive green that the British used for there armoured vehicles and I think it works rather well. Fitted in the back is an artillery piece  naval I think, to make it a mobile artillery platform to give the enemy merry hell. I have some crew to paint up and add to the back, but it might be a time before they see the light of day or paint come to think of it. So here it is.





17 comments:

  1. Very nicely done buddy, like it a lot. Look forward to seeing the crew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid addition to the H.M. Hope things continue to be better for you.
    best wishes
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look of this PK. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta Rodger it has been great fun to paint.

      Delete
  4. Nice repaint, PK. Have you test fired the gun to see what the recoil will do to the truck?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I have Jay and those stream truck are petty heavy, mind you when firing from the side its a little dicey.

      Delete
  5. Looks great pete look forward to seeing the crew completed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks the Mr Smillie and have now actually basecoated the crew, lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice looking vehicle...waiting for the crew!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have basecoated and painted the flesh on these, just another six months sitting around and I should have them finished, lol.

      Delete
  8. Excellent work Pete and I can totally sympathise with things taking over our precious hobby time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...