Thursday, 31 January 2013

Leicester City Defences for the Partizan Game

Here is a tester for the quickly thrown up defences, trenches for the Partizan game. Basically a through earthwork with some wooden planks for cover. This was quite a simple thing to make, a bit of shaped polythene covered in all purpose, ready to use filler glued to a base with the planks being Mr MacDonald's' coffee stirrers. Let me know what you thing, as I have another 35 of them to do after this one. Actually I just recounted and its 36 inches of defences I want as it is six inches in length it is only another five of them to do, but I might increase that to more. Anyway here some pictures of them.

Front

front to the side

Back


Side profile

Some figures to give an idea of scale. The last two figures are actually kneeling.

20 comments:

  1. They look really effective Pete, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done buddy. The wood looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers there but not a pack on your display piece

      Delete
  3. Now if you can just produce another 6 feet of these Pete! Looks great mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what I am aiming for my friend and thanks

      Delete
  4. Nice work PK, they look very effective, good ol' golden arches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great at supply your modelling needs even if they dont realise, lol

      Delete
  5. Damn nice fences, excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done! They'll add an extra certain something to your display game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what I am hoping for and also be useful for other games too, :D

      Delete
  7. Very effective and well done. Nice to see McD's supporting the hobby. I hope the lads don't put too much hope in that wood stopping an angry .303 bullet however!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Michael and I am sure that any cover would be gratefully received lol

      Delete
  8. They do look good. Personally If I was defending that section I would be crouched behind the earth works and not the planking..Dirt being so much better at stopping bullets than Planks of wood. Overall though very very nice looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Clint I think the sensible thing would be to sit in a tank or a building or not be on the battlefield at all, lol

      Delete
  9. They look very nice indeed! I know the feeling when making defenses like these. The job sometimes seems never ending. I had to make about 4 feet of palisade for a Darkest African village. It's a great feeling to finish the last one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does seem not to end but I have made a start and have got one foot done now, just another five to go, lol. I think it will look great ones done though

      Delete
  10. Works for me, and fellas hunkering down behind it, PK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Jay and from you thats means a lot as you are the scratch building king

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...