A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Making Hedges for Partizan

I have been experiment with making hedges for Mr Smillie's and my game at Partizan in June and have been missing about with a couple of ideas. Basically I am looking for those more cleaner, trimmed hedges that you find in cities as opposed to the large hedges and trees that are so common in the countryside. So here are my first two experiments using those green scourer pads that you use for cleaning pots and pans with and i am rather pleased with the results. I have cut the hedges to make them more rounded and natural looking and them pulled and teased the pad give it a more hedgy less scourer look and feel, plus I like that distressed look. Then dry brush it various shades of green over a black base and on one I added some Nock leaves and the other left without. Now the question is which one is more natural and realistic?

With Leaves

Without Leaves

28 comments:

  1. Both look great but the one with leaves looks spot on to me, perhaps one or two rows of iron railings behind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a great idea about the iron railings, I know a company does some plastic ones but I cant think who

      Delete
  2. Hhmm? I'm not too sure which one I like the best?? I think with the leaves at a pinch! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Ray I must admit I like the one with leaves

      Delete
  3. I like the one with leaves myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for with leaves too.
    Great work by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would also say leaves. But it all depends which one takes longer or costs more or is less fun to make. All the Best Clint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually as the leaves are added after the frence is painted green there is not must in it.

      Delete
  6. They look great Pete, I prefer the one with the leaves myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Smillie and it looks like leaves are the way forward

      Delete
  7. First pic looks the best most definitely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Brummie now i have to work out just how many I did, lol

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have intended to try this technique. Useful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its quite easy to do John and does take that long too.

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...