A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Cor Blimey, Scarper its the Fuzz

Here is the next unit on the Humberstone Militia Series and these are the local bobbies. I am not totally sure that they called them the "Fuzz" in the 1930s though, but I have painted these lovely Paul Hick's sculpts having Musketeer Miniatures, they are actually the Royal Irish Constabulary in there Irish War of Independence range and one of the chaps is from the IRA command set in the Free State Uniform, painted too as a copper, he is the one with the shotgun. Beautiful figures and I tried my hardest to get the colour of the uniform correct. These were actually quite nice to paint, a nice easy uniform with little in the way of detail, which made a very nice change. Included in the unit are two, rather well known detectives from Mutton Chop Miniatures, which I have painted in a sort of tweed suits and pinstripes. I think the whole unit looks rather nice and I most get some more bobbies soon.






14 comments:

  1. These are great and characterful unit, Brilliant job mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Simon they have been rather refreshing to paint

      Delete
  2. Great way of making a set into whatever you want it to be. Digging Holmes and Watson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers there Anne, I rather like Holmes and Watson myself

      Delete
  3. I can hear the shrill of their whistles as they march into battle. "Leg it boyz 'ere come the Rozzers!" The opponents say as the piercing blasts are blown from the small metal instruments.

    Very characterful and you should make sure you have a police whistle for the game to use every time they move. It will attract a lot of attention and piss off everyone close at the same time. Hee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there is a great idea and in the dome hall of partizan the noise would be amazing.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic PK! Love the painting on these guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Pete, you seem to have gotten these painted pretty dashed quickly as well! I am jealous I'm struggling with some motivation issues at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mr Smillie and I know what you mean as I am having a bit of a dry pack with the illustrations and I did to get my mojo back

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...