A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Friday, 8 February 2013

New Little "Home-made" Tank

Here is what I can only describe as a home made version of the Renault RT7  light tank. I have admit that when I first saw this tank I fell in love with it as to me it sums up what VBCW is all about. I visioned that a inventor/mechanic had worked on this for a few months, basing his work on the French Renault tank and came up with this. Made from a tractor the chap worked on it until he has put enough armour and rivets in it until he had this tank, armed with a smooth bore gun and a Vickers MG it is set to travel the battlefield looking for targets.







19 comments:

  1. Hi, Pk: The model is well made and painted. It's multicolored body should give the enemy a quick bit of crosseyedness...great strategy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Jay and its the famous dizzy pattern of camouflage

      Delete
  2. From what company does this tank come?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its from Akula's Armies, link here http://akulasarmies.blogspot.co.uk/. It was a limited edition and I am not sure if you has any left but well worth checking. The tank was designed and created by Ian Armstrong

      Delete
  3. That really is brilliant, lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say old chap that will teach the blighters what for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Clint and thats what I am hoping, lol

      Delete
  5. Great work pete, and a really good job on the paint scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta Mr Smillie I did enjoy painting it.

      Delete
  6. Very impressive tank. It rather looks like it might be the brainchild of Percy Hobart. Or maybe one of his disciples? "Hobo" as the tankies called him would be an interesting character in the VBCW depending on which side he landed in, giving them an "armoured Baffin" advantage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Michael and yes he would be a very interesting character indeed. I have a feeling that his loyalties would lie with the King

      Delete
  7. It's a lovely piece. Hasslefree now have the rights to it, I believe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really I never knew that and I hope so as it should be mass produced

      Delete
  8. That is a cracking looking tank, the camo is brilliant great work mate great work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I'm not to say this but that tank is cute. I'm a girl and I'm Irish, so I see things differently than the rest of you blokes. And that is one cute little tank :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...