A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Sunday, 24 February 2013

The Hedges of Leicester

I have started on the miles and miles of nice, trim, municipal, city hedges and I am think of doing 12ft of them and then see how it goes after that, I am hoping that 12ft is enough but we will see. So far I have managed a whopping 2 and 1/2 foot of the things and thought it would be nice to get for views on them. They are rather simply made from a green scouring pad, from the best and finest modelling supplier, Wilko, cut to a inch tall and pulled to buggery in all directions, painted black, drybrushed green and the applied Noch leaves in two colours, dark and light green, to it. Here are the results and please feel free to comment.




20 comments:

  1. Those look nice and tidy. But 12 feet! Holy Christ man, what are you thinking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thans there Anne. Its a big table and to tell the truth I think I'm going to need more, lol.

      Delete
  2. Hi, PK. These are really nice, and surely will provide plenty of cover from gunfire when the fight gets started. In the rules you use, can you shoot thru bushes, hedges, etc? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Jay and I am not sure hope much protection they are going to often, soft cover at best, but hey its still cover, lol

      Delete
  3. They're excellent but you're still mad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers there Fran and yes I am still mad

      Delete
  4. 12 foot of the stuff, are you mad? No don't answer that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mad yes but once finished I dont need to do more, I hope

      Delete
  5. They do look great. 12ft is a bit much though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta Rodger but the table is big, 12' by 6', so need tons. I have done 4' of them now.

      Delete
  6. Very nice hedges! How do you fix the hedge to the bases?

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Matt and I glued them to MDF boards using all-purpose clear, extra string adhesive.

      Delete
  7. Genius Pete; some of the best scratch built hedges I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Michael and they are relatively easy to do and quick to make too.

      Delete
  8. They look awesome pete, they remind me I really should finish my walls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr Smiilie and I hope that there is enough of them

      Delete
  9. They look really nice. I don't think 12 feet is too much. It's surprising just how much footage of model hedgerows, fences, etc. can be used up to cover even a modest sized table to the point where it looks right. When I made hedges for my 10mm AVBCW set up, I made 10 feet, and it looks barely adequate for a 3' by 4' table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily its am rather urban table with a bit of rural country side so I am hoping that 12' is enough.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...