Thursday, 7 February 2013

The Roads of Leicester, A Work in Progress

I am trying to make some roads maybe for the Partizan game but for other games too and this is a tester for them. I know I have made the road to wide and the next time I will be making them about two thirds of the width, but thats what trail and error is for. The actually roads are vinyl floor tiles from a company called Wilko and they cost £3.00 or so for a pack of six and come in white. Now these tiles have a pattern or texture on them rather like cobblestones or the surface of the road and are quite flexible but firm. I from done two different colours, one to represent a tarmac road surface and the other that was meant to be cobblestones but looks more like a dirt track. What do you think the Tarmac or the Dirt road or both?

The Vinyl Tile





19 comments:

  1. Excellent I was wondering how you had gotten on with the tiles!

    I like the dirt and tarmac ones but the ones which are just tarmac could be useful as roads in towns as well. How ridged are they out of interest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Mr Smillie. The ridges or texture is a little flat but comes up well with a wash and a wipe

      Delete
  2. Nice find. I think both: tarmac for main road, and dirt for lesser size and use roads. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent, PK!

    How did you paint them, though? Did you use a wash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Rosbif and yes I did use washes on them

      Delete
  4. That's good work sir, damn good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are onto something here.
    They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer the tarmac version, but I can't see why you can't use both, after all not all roads are Tarmac.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where are you find them? I searched Wilko on google and I found only hair products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a link leadaddicted http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/search?q=vinyl+tiles&searchsubmit.x=12&searchsubmit.y=5

      Delete
  8. A really good idea, I might have to steal it! Nice one PK.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...