A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Sunday, 24 March 2013

I think I am Losing the Plot?

With the Parizan show in June, I have started on getting some battlefield fillers to tart up the table and causes the players some fun. I believe that Mr Smillie, who has designed the game this year, has come up with some interesting rules for these animals that are wondering around minding there our business. He has already done some sheep and a farmer too, see him at Painting Diary he is rather good, and I have added some cows into the mix and maybe more sheep. Now I dont know how many other gamers put livestock on the gaming table, let alone paint the things after spending hours researching what breeds where actually in Britian in the 1930s, I have looked at to many rare breed sites it scares me. But I have now finished a couple of testers to how they have turned out, which I thing are not too bad. Now I have another seven normal cows and three Auguses to do by June, along still 4 foot of hedges and a factory and a post office, oh does time fly.  The cattle are from Redoubt Enterprises and are nice little, okay large, scuplts. Well here they are.






19 comments:

  1. But are the exploding cows! Nice job mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Simon. Now there is an idea lol

      Delete
  2. Really like it when people paint up animals. The dairy cow, she's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks there Anne, I think she is called Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gather that at a small US east coast con, there is some history of a sheep appearing in various Full Thrust (starship combat) games. I've only seen references to it, never the actual AARs, so don't ask me why or what it does

    Nice looking cattle PK :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like total madness but fun at the thing time.

      Delete
  5. Great! Cows make good cover. In my WWII games if you are laying in a field and sheep are present, you have a chance of being trampled on when the shooting starts. This interprets...you are wounded!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Jay and what a great idea

      Delete
  6. The Aberdeen Angus looks a bit fearsome! Will it be on the Scottish Nationalist side, though? ;-)

    Great looking cattle and lovely basing, PK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Rosbif and have to say I am very proud of the basing. Of course its a Scottish Nationalist

      Delete
  7. Who said bullocks? Damn nice sir.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your plot is in the same place as my marbles!. The first thing to know about farm animals in wargames is that any field with live animals is not a mine field! Not that many gentlemen would plant mines but some of the oiks might!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that but as you say no gentleman would plant stuff fiendish devices

      Delete
  9. Very nice which reminds me I need to paint some livestock up.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not the only one and today some ducks have turned up, so I will have to make a pond for them too, lol

      Delete
  10. They are looking really good Pete, I look forward to seeing them in the flesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate and its all your fault, lol. I hope I have enough for the game painted.

      Delete
  11. Barking mad but brilliant none the less.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...