A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Sunday, 3 March 2013

New Model Army Musketeer

Here is the full painted and finished version of the New Model Army musketeer and I rather like it. I have as I said in the previous post have gone for that campaign dress look with the red or rather madder being faded due to wear and the weather and he wears a woolly hat which is called a Mommouth Cap, the most common form of headwear for musketeers and not the wide brimmed hats that would rather get in the way of a musketeer. He is wearing the blue bandoleers of the typical NMA and I have based him on a member of Hammond's Regiment of Foote, 4th Regiment of Foote in the NMA.

Hammond's Regiment of Foote,
4th Regiment NMA,
Campaign Dress

16 comments:

  1. Very nice! One of your best ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Ray I have enjoyed painting this one

      Delete
  2. I really like the dull turnbacks on his sleaves, gives him a well worn look.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Ian, I tried to get that campaign look

      Delete
  3. A lovely shade of red you have on this one Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Michael and I was trying to get that faded look with the red and I think I got it

      Delete
  4. Very nice agree with Ray one of your best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Simon I am glad that you think so

      Delete
  5. That looks really good mate, the shading on his trousers and shirt is really smooth looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Mr Smillie and I really enjoyed doing the little details and getting is a smooth as I could with watercolours

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...