Monday, 1 April 2013

Introducing Hesh's Hosiery Van

Back on the Very British Civil War vibe and what thing you do to keep the better half happy, may I introduce Hesh Hosiery. This has all started at the first Partizan game where my lovely wife saw that one of the chaps playing had a business for his wife, Mrs Ook's Bakery to be precise. Now I am saying that Mrs PK was jealous in any way, but I have had for the last year or so Mrs PK saying "I want you to business for me". So I did a corner shop/general stores for her but no she wanted more. Now living in Leicester and the city being a heart of the shoe and hosiery industry in Britain in the 1930s, it seemed fitting that I would go down this route. So I have painted up this Matchbox Models of Yesterdays van for her, adding signage along the side of the van but no that was still not enough so now I have a factory in the making for Hesh's Hosiery. I am hoping to have the finished by June in time for Partizan. Now am I the only chap or chapette that does crazy side projects to make their better half feel special, in a wargaming trends????








20 comments:

  1. At the moment, I don't but if the wife see's this..........


    Very nice work, looking forward to the factory. Hope to see it at Partizan

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate and the best thing to do is keep the computer under lock and key, lol

      Delete
  2. Great work Pete, I like the paint job on the van as well it really sets off your art work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Smillie it has been a bit of fun but the factory might not be

      Delete
  3. Good Lord such things should not be advertised. What a man wears under his trousers is his own affair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Clint I am glad to see another hosiery expert (wearer) in the world. Oops I have said that a little too loud.

      Delete
  4. That looks the bees knees nice job dude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the little things that help to make the hobby so special - great job Sir. As for me, I find sourcing and painting 'cute' animals helps to keep Mrs. Awdry on side!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am painting cows for Mrs PK too but you are right it is things like these that make the hobby special and fun

      Delete
  6. And I name many of my female protagonists after my lovely wife and daughter in some way. Lovely work Pete. Anything with shapely legs is always a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Milsy so i am not crazy then? Shapely legs are a winner every time

      Delete
  7. So, if one side gets low on funds, could they wear some of 'Hesh's Hosiery' on their heads to pull off a bank job? ;-)

    My wife's just content that I have a hobby that keeps me happy, though my kids would prefer that I stop painting 'boring' historical stuff and paint elves and dragons...sigh!

    Very well done, PK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Rosbif so you do too, gosh it looks like we all do, lol

      Delete
  8. Well done Mr PK! I hope I can avoid having to do the same one day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Rodger but it comes to us all in the end, lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...