A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Monday, 8 April 2013

The Finished New Model Army Ensign, Huzzar

Here is the finished NMA Ensign and I have to say that I am very happy with the result. He is wearing his finest sober clothing with metal bands around the sleeve, not totally sure how much protection they would offer and Breastplate. Those he is a bit flashy, I have gone for that Puritan style look but without being totally sober with it. The flag is for Fairfax's Regiment of Foot, who fought at Naseby and arguably actually won the day be standing firm and counter attack in the Royalist assault on the Parliamentarian line. Personally I think the flag sets the whole picture off.

New Model Army Ensign,
Thomas Fairfax's Regiment of Foot

13 comments:

  1. Wow, just wow mate, that looks amazing the tone and shading is just top notch. I didn't think you would be able to better the last ensign but this one is just mind blowing!

    I swear it looks like I could touch the material of the flag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Mr Smillie and I so pleased with this illustration

      Delete
  2. Love the sombre look on his face, to say they kneaded their bread with beer he seems to have no fun at all

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers there Ian and he has a rather sober look that i am pleased me.

      Delete
  3. Cracking with a splash of colour top job PK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I like this dude PK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Rodger and I am pleased that you like him

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...