Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Partizan is Coming, Yippee

With Partizan coming up quickly, 2nd June in Newark, Mr Smillie of Dirty Paint Pots and myself have been working hard, okay putting things together, planning on making this game the best bloody game that we have put on. To this end we have do a poster come flyer explaining the game, the history of it and explaining that this is the fourth linked game the Attack on Leicester.



We have been thinking about the table which Mr Smillie has done as a vignette on his blog, and to make things a little more interesting than open fields, roads and houses we are adding some sheep and cattle of points of interest and have come up with the following rules to mix the game up.


I hope that do add to the fun for the players and make the table interesting and better than anything we have done before.

I have just found out that this friday my little blog is to be featured on House of Paincakes blog network in their Weekly Top X section when I will be happily discussing Very British Civil War to people. I was rather shocked to be given this honour and it shows that the world of VBCW must be making head way in America, lol, okay they like me blog.

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks there Fran but the praise for the rules should be Mr Smillies as its him who has come up with them

      Delete
  2. Those rules will add a nice twist to the game methinks.

    I agree with Fran - the duck pond rule is the tops :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Tamsin I hope they do add a bit of fun to the game

      Delete
  3. Will try to get over to see this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Andrew please include yourself as we will be all wearing badges saying who we are

      Delete
  4. Delightful game prep. Too bad the media will not be present to broadcast the VCBW event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Jay is would be nice if the media was but there is the wargames press and maybe we will get a shout in them

      Delete
  5. The Duck pond is going to be a busy place me thinks???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray and at least the ducks are going to be happy

      Delete
  6. Moving along really creatively to the game.I am sure it will be everything you wanted and more!
    best wishes
    Alpine.
    p.s utterly splendid alpine chaps in the previous entry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Alan I am hoping the game is a great one. Thanks for the comments on the Alpine command too.

      Delete
  7. So asleep this morning I signed it Alpine rather than Alan -dddhhhh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like it will be a cracker of a game, PK! I love the historical background, and your animal rules are very interesting. I might have to adapt them for my sheep herd!

    I wish you well for a great day. Looking forward to lots of lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Johnny and I hope it is going to be a great game. As I have said before the praise for the animal rules should go to Mr Smillie as he is the creator of them and jolly good they are too. Photos will follow

      Delete
  9. I can see some players staying clear of the duck pond, while others will embrace the novelty wholeheartedly.

    I put myself in the second category, and being disappointed if they don't feed the ducks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Clint and I hope all the players, old and new embrace the pond. I can see players going to the pond failing to feed the ducks and then returning back to the pond until they have feed them

      Delete
  10. The rules look great on your background Pete! I like the duck pond rule great addition.

    Your feature on house of Paincakes sounds top sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Mr Smillie but the credit is yours for writing the rules mate

      Delete
  11. Love the duck pond rule! You could add another. The nearest unit's equivalent of Private Pike should roll a d6 - on a score of 1 he falls in and has to be rescued by whichever figures of any faction happen to be nearest. If captured by an opposing faction he's not considered a prisoner - just sent home to mum. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I say that is a great additional rule and I like it. I think that might have to make it way to the rules. Cheers there AJ

      Delete
  12. Absolute genius, great job Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael of 250 plus followers

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...