A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Monday, 6 May 2013

Still a work in Progress, The Duck Pond

Here is the latest stage the pond is at. I have used the Vallejo's Gel Denso and it has come up a treat. Its just the first layer and I think that I will do another layer of the Gel just to make it deeper. I have to say I rather like the reflective abilities of the Gel and it does give a good water feel, but it takes an age to dry clear. This gave me a couple of kittens at first as I thought that I had ruin it but it came through. As I have said before I have another layer of the gel to add and then some grass and duckweed and bits to add to the pond. I have also finished some ducks for the pond too.










20 comments:

  1. That is a 1st class bit of scenery, PK! I can't wait to see it with the ducks in their new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Rosbif and the ducks can't wait either

      Delete
  2. Coming along nicely PK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is looking a treat

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers there Ian and I am hoping on having it finished for Partizan too

      Delete
  4. Looking good mate - can't wait to see it finished :)

    You might want to go a bit darker for the soil that will be underwater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Tamsin and I wish I had read your post before adding the next layer of gel. But is does have a nice greenish tint to it now.

      Delete
  5. This is looking seriously good Pete, I look forward to seeing it in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Mr Smillie and coming from you the master of council house building.

      Delete
  6. Looking good Pete. A nice little terrain piece that could grace anyone's game table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Clint it hopefully will add a little interest to the gaming table.

      Delete
  7. Nice! Love the ducks. You have to admit, PK, these birds are waiting very patiently for the grand opening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay and I am to say I am rather pleased with the ducks too. It shouldn't be long before it is all finished.

      Delete
  8. That is looking wonderful - what a triumph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael it is proving to be a very interesting project and one I have really enjoyed.

      Delete
  9. Great work Peter, quack lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shaping up nicely. The water effect already looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta AJ I have to say that the fear I had putting the gel in and waiting for it to dry was amazing and at times I had thought I had ruined it but alls well that ends well

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...