Saturday, 18 May 2013

The Duck Pond

I have finished my Duck Pond for a Vignette project on the Very British Civil Forum take some of the chaps have been doing. Some of the vignettes are amazing and hopefully all will be finished shortly.Anyway back to my little vignette, it started as a small side project, a bit of light relief from all the illustrations I have been doing lately and also to add some interest to the Partizan board. I have to say I am rather pleased with the results as I have to confess that I am not a big terrain maker. Now I have done this and I am so pleased with the water effects I am seriously thinking in making so river sections now in the future. Back to the pond, I have actually finished the thing and once I added the vegetation, grass and the ducks, of course, can't be a Duck Pond without ducks, the whole thing pulled together and I am so chuffed with it. 














I would also like to give a shout out for a fellow blogger Wargaming Girl who has reached an amazing milestone of 100K hits/views and she is giving away five prizes over five days. There are some great prizes there so pop over to Wargaming Girl and join in the fun with Tamsin

30 comments:

  1. That is frikking ace mate. Well done on that looks excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Simon I am rather pleased with it myself

      Delete
  2. That sir is splendid! But would you be kind enough to keep it away from the cricket pitch I have lost several balls in places like that in the past! Yours Faithfully Mr C. R. Burnett esq!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you know what my next project is, a club house and a cricket pitch. But just for you I will keep them far apart Clint

      Delete
  3. That is properly "English village green", there, PK! You almost expect Jemima Puddleduck to make an appearance.

    Seriously impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Rosbif I have really enjoyed creating this

      Delete
  4. That has been a triumph, what a fabulous piece of work - some of your best scratch building to date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Michael and I have really enjoyed building it. Terrain has really never been my strong point but now I have the bug

      Delete
  5. Excellent and unusual!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks top Pete, river sections done the same way would look really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats the plan for the future to create some river sections as I have been so happy with the result of this.

      Delete
  7. Stunning result PK! Very very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the pimput PK - that pic of the bag is getting everywhere these days!

    Fabulous work on the duck pond - just needs a little girl or boy throwing scraps of bread to the ducks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my pleasure to pimp your blog, gosh that doesn't sound right.

      Thanks for the kind comments and the idea need to find an figure for them.

      Delete
  9. That's great. How about a no fishing sign?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there DeadGuy and I wish I had thought of that

      Delete
  10. That is really great. Can't wait to see it in the flesh. Roll on Partizan

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian and will be on the table at Partizan. We are in the main hall as usual next to the League of Augsburg chaps.

      Delete
  11. That turned out beautifully PK. And truth be told it is nice to see something so peaceful on a wargaming page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne and it is nice to create something that wasn't a tank or soldier if the truth be known

      Delete
  12. Excellent work, PK.

    I hear a rumor, Sir, that there is a ornery kid in the village who might let his pet baby alligator loose in this pond! I suggest a gentleman's guard to patrol the area immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Jay and I am going to call the local bobbies to patrol the area so this doesn't happen. An alligator in "sunny" English would you believe it, the poor thing would catch a dead of cold.

      Delete
  13. What more quintessentially British than a village duck pond? A lovely piece of work, sir! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...