Saturday, 22 June 2013

New Book Cover for Solway

Here is the finished painted illustration for a forth coming book for Solway. Now i could say much about what iy is about but I do think the cover might give it away, lol. I have really enjoyed painting this and now I am looking for an Indian Elephant to put a Vickers .303 Machine Gun on and maybe another one with a mortar on, and some troops to go with it. Anyone got any ideas on were I can find a good elephant model? Anyway here is the picture.


22 comments:

  1. Aventine Miniatures elephants look good, though I have not seen them in the flesh so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there MarkG and you not the first person to mention them, they do look good on there website.

      Delete
  2. Very nice indeed!

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even better with a splash of colour mate. Great work

    All the best
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on the pic! try Essex minis for the nellie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray and I am check Essex Minis out

      Delete
  5. "Hannibal Brookes" comes to mind whenever elephants in 20th Century warfare are mentioned. This is delightfully different from that classic film. In keeping with VBCW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Clint and would you believe it I never thought of Hannibal Brookes when I was playing it but now you have mentioned it, I can see it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...