Monday, 17 June 2013

Saga and the Funk

Hiya chaps and chapettes, it been a time since I posted last and they have a number of reasons for this, some bad and some even worst, thats real life for you, well that's behind my and the way is forward.

Now I have been a little busy sorting out and painting to 4pt warbands for Saga. I have had the rules for ages and even got the supplements too and I got the last one it came with a rather lovely case to put the rules and battleboards in so I decided it was time to start painted up my figures for it. I have decided to go for my first two warbands using Gripping Beast's plastics, which are truly awesome,  for both the Vikings and the Anglo Danish. So far I have painted up a Warlord for both and the first of the Heathguard for both. I have to say I am looking forward to having the whole warband completed someday and maybe even playing a game or two with them :lol: . So here they are, the Warlords are in the middle of each group.

The Anglo-Danes



The Vikings



I have enjoyed painted and even assembling them and will be painted so more or I am going to even the smallest warbands ever.


22 comments:

  1. Nice job PK, They look really good. Look forward to seeing some batreps. I'm intrigued by Saga and do fancy some of the figures to have a crack at.

    Sorry to hear of your run of bad luck hope things are going more positive for you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Simon they are cracking figures and I delight to paint. Just need to get some transfers for the shields, I'll be buggered if I am going to paint the designs.

      Delete
  2. Damn nice sir, hope things get better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Fran and its just the funk and I will get over it

      Delete
  3. A cracking looking bunch of chaps and a wonderful diversion from all that real life nonsense - keep smiling my good friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael and I am smiling away here :D

      Delete
  4. Very nice. I'm starting Saga myself, and also chose the Anglo-Danes and Vikings as my first two warbands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Brian and I can understand why, with just a couple of additions you can have other factions too.

      Delete
  5. "Through Adversity to strength!"

    Nice figures and painting. keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Clint and I planning on keeping the work up

      Delete
  6. They look great Pete, I've long been thinking of doing a Viking warband, I really should pull my finger out and do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta Mr Smillie and I would love to see your Vikings. Get yourself a plastic box of them from Gripping Beast, Wargames Factory's are nice too but GB's are the dog's danglies

      Delete
  7. Nice looking figures, will also be interested in seeing how you go with this
    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Ian and I bet you it will be painfully slowly lol

      Delete
  8. Great minis for a great game ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear your troubles seem to be fading into the past. Learn from them, best thing we can do.

    And the figures are quite nicely done, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greate work so far !

    Looking forward to see the entire warbands some day:)

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats there Dalauppror but you might be in for a long wait at the rate I paint at, lol, but I so want them finished.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...