A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Scouts, an idea and WIP

I think thinking how to make, have Scouts in my force and having received a set of Perry's 8th Army, thanks to the chap for giving them to me and I am sorry I forgot you name, I looked at them with the idea of a football/rugby team and then a bit of inspiration dawn on me, a very rare thing that it for me and wonder if these could be turned into scouts. My reasoning with the fact that they looked a little smaller that my Musketeer, Gripping Beast figures, so a had a butchers around looking for heads with scout hats on and it happened that Gripping Beast do heads in Lemon Squeezers hats in they Great War range and I thought head swaps. So I duly ordered some and here is the result of the first one. I was wondering if the head was a little too big, but I think it is not noticeable and actually I think that with the head swap they fit in rather nicely with the rest of my troops. The half painted figure is a Tsuba Miniature that is the same size of Musketeer and Mutton Chops, is for scale and size comparison. Who do you think is it a goer?




22 comments:

  1. "Dib dib dib!"

    It might just work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea and well executed. I look forward to seeing a squad painted and ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look fine. Paint him up and let him do what he does best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eight Army make great Blackshorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job mate it looks good. The best bit will be when he's painted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think these work very well as scouts mate. I have to say the reason I didn't pick any of these up is because they are so slight looking compared to other figures. But they will look just right as scouts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Mr Smillie and I know what you mean

      Delete
  7. A goer indeed- what an excellent plan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see only the slightest of difference in the bulk of the figure and maybe 1/2mm difference in height. But nothing so serious to keep this from working. Go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Anne and now I have basecoated him it looks rather good already

      Delete
  9. That is too tempting not to have a go at!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...