A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wednesday, 17 July 2013

A Businessman and a Officer

Well have finished the latest book cover for Si at Solway and I have to say I am a little bit pleased with it. This will be for the second Brigadier 38 Army List book that Solway are planning and this time I have followed the same vain of the other covers of Brigadier 38. One the original cover I had an old general in his Great War Uniform and the first army list book I had a Yeomanry Officer with a Militia batman so for this book I have gone more civvie on this with a businessman/civil servant/government official and officer in a home made uniform to represent the civilian forces that make one the majority of the forces in Very British Civil War. As I have said already I am chuffed with the results.


30 comments:

  1. Very nice illustration once again

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be chuffed, it's got a lot of life about it

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian I think I rate this as one of my favourite illustrations I have done

      Delete
  3. Realy good looking !

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another triumph Pete, great job Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta mate and I am glad that you like it

      Delete
  5. Beautiful work, PK! The brown suit reminds me of Root Beer! (:0)=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay and yes it does have that colour doesn't it

      Delete
  6. Very nice mate love the tie on the business man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Simon and I am rather glad that you noticed the tie are I forgot to mention them as the businessman's tie is actually an old school tie of Charterhouse Public School and the Officer's tie is from Winchester Public School

      Delete
  7. Excellent choice PK. The lines on this are crisp and there is an elegance to the piece. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Anne and I am glad that you like the work

      Delete
  8. He's not from the Ministry of Silly Walks, is he? ;-)

    Lovely work, again, PK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chuffed... so you should be. For me this is one of the best covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats there Clint I am happy that you like it

      Delete
  10. I love the uniqueness of the characters PK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Fran and it would be nice to have some wee figures of these

      Delete
  11. Excellent work old chap!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...