A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Sunday, 14 July 2013

Here is the Next Sketch for Solway, Gosh I even surprising myself with the output.

Today's drawing is a sketch for my latest illustration which will be a book cover for Solway Crafts and Miniatures the latest in the series of books for 1938, A Very British Civil War. These are a couple of civilian commanders with one in his civvies and the other in a home made uniform. As is the nature of VBCW, most of the combatants are rather like a Dad's Army rather actually soldiers and that is what I aiming with this. I hope you like it.


13 comments:

  1. Good morning, PK. A nice "on the move" sketch. Lots of action going on here: From two men walking and planning where to eat lunch, and even papers wagging about. Sweet.

    BTW, Nice Bowler on the pistol packin' gent; and the soldier in the military dress hat is the twin brother of one of my neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Jay and gosh I am painting people I dont even know, lol, scary

      Delete
  2. You're certainly cranking the out mate - quantity and quality!
    Any chance of one Blackshorts soon? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there JP and you never know I might include a Blackshorts in my next illustration

      Delete
    2. The great British knee immortalised - excellent!

      Delete
  3. Very nice job. Like the chap in the bowler best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Simon and I rather like the chap in the bowler too

      Delete
  4. Great job, love the chap in the suit, very dapper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Michael and a sharp suit always makes a man

      Delete
  5. Lovely work! I like the action in their poses.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...