A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Saturday, 21 September 2013

Here Comes the Leicestershires, Up the Tigers!

Having painted all manner of militias and irregulars over the past few years I thought it was time that I actually buy and paint for regulars of the Leicestershire Regiment. So to this end I got me a section of BEF Infantry and a Command pack for Warolrd to see what they were like and to fill in the missing gap in my forces. Firstly having looked on Warlords website I ave to say I was not totally impressed with their BEF Infantry for some reason, it was something to do with the way they looked, but at Partizan I got to see them in the flesh and I have to say They looked rather nice. Now they come with separate heads and in the pack you get a full 10 section. I now that at the start of the war the British section was not ten men, in fact it was either eight men or eleven men, but still it is a good number to be going with. Once the heads where added to the figures the models really came to life and I have to say they are sculpted with the best SMLE MkIII I have seen on any model. They are rather nicely sculpted with a good variety of poses that look rather natural and the uniform and webbing looks rather spot on. Here are a couple of photos of my chaps painted up.








22 comments:

  1. More utterly splendid work.I am sure they will fight as well as they look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there and I hope so Alan as I am not known for winning many games, lol.

      Delete
  2. These are excellent, great work again

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look real good Sir, Splendid work indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greate looking mini, very good paint work indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work PK they are fantastic
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some very nice painting, PK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely awesome! The basing is especially great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking figures, I am half way through the Worcesters, but just like our rugby club the Tigers always seem to get one over on us.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry there Stuart but the Tigers are such a great team, mind you I know how you feel I am a Saints fan myself, lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...