A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Sunday, 8 September 2013

Humberstone Scouts and Flags

I have actually finished the Scouts after they have been sitting on my desk for seems like an age, well at least four weeks. I am happy with the result but think that they could look nicer, but at least they are finished bar adding a standard to them. The Scout leader is the chap with the jumper on and I think the overall look is rather nice. The Perry's 8th Army figures are rather nice, these being the first Perry's I have actually painted but you do need to work with them for create something that you would be happy with. So here they are.




I have also designed a flag for the boys based on an actual 1930s Scout flag with some details added to it for sort of personalise it a bit. Now I am not totally sure about the background colour but I think that it is green so I went with it. Here it is.


I have also finished the General Post Office flag for my GPO troops that I finished ages ago but never got around to doing the flag. Based on the GPO signs of the time the green background is what the vans where coloured and I believe was the colour of the GPO before it went red in the 60s.


13 comments:

  1. Nice work, PK. You do bring to your posts an interesting array of figures. These Scouts are just great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work they really look the part
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those scouts are rather nice and the standards will look a treat

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking unit !!!

    Stunning flags !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be prepared, indeed!

    Without the scarves and woggles they could be WW1 Kiwis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work PK! Flags look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great painting! The flags are nice also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dib dib dib! They look excellent PK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is really, really nice. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did I miss this post dammit! Great looking unit PK the flags are great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...