A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Sunday, 22 September 2013

The Tigers get some Heavy Support

Now I love this weapon when I first saw it on Mutton Chop's website and actually got it straight away. Now that was over a year ago and with me getting some regulars I thought it was time to paint it up and add it yo my force. Unlike my regulars who are wearing battledress these chaps are actually in service dress but thats fine as the British Army was changing over at the time from SDs to BDs and I rather like SDs anyway. So here is the finished 20mm Oerlikon Cannon with crew.




Here is what it looked like back in the day



13 comments:

  1. Excellent work PK. They look smashing on that base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you see that contraption you just have to get one! While I have no use for one in that scale somehow that will not stop me! Splendid work sir. (Post script: I like the word "Splendid" and feel it should be used more!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice I though it was something made up until you showed that last pic. Nicely done PK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing piece of kit....splendid work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beauty!! Nicely painted Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice work PK! A very cool piece of weaponry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greate work !!!

    best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a contraption! Was it motorised, or pulled behind a vehicle?

    Another smashing mini-diorama, PK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nice little piece! I hadn't heard of this version of the Oerlikon before now. I like the design, it's so evocative of the interwar period.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Splendid Pete, love the final image too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great piece of kit! I just want one for my 10mm AVBCW forces now. I'd love to know was it towed or did it move under its own steam?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um, yeah. I am gonna need one of those. Just the thing for taking out a BFU armoured truck.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...