Saturday, 30 November 2013

An Irish Soldier in the ECW, A WIP

Here is the latest stage the Irish soldier is at, with the typical uniform for them at the time. I have to say that it is great fun painting him and I feel like this is a reconstruction rather that an illustration as the amount of research I have done on getting the grey in the jacket right and the off white in the trews. Actually the jacket has a bit more brown in it have this scan and the trews area little lighter. Anyway as I have said before here is the latest stage and more will be coming in the next few days.


6 comments:

  1. Liking the illustration, good to see you doing the research

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Pete, standing by for the next update.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really enjoying the step by step approach . I look forward to the next instalment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...