Sunday, 3 November 2013

BlogCon and the Victorian Lady

No this is not the next title for a Mills and Boon book but rather what has been interesting me over the past few days. Firstly is the Victorian Lady. Now this figure is from Ironclad Miniatures and it is a lovely sculpted lady wearing a typical 1880s style clothing. I have go for the artists James Tissot look was strong contrast of colour which I think i have got. This is a dream to paint and now I am a little worried as I think my interesting in Victoriana is on the rise.







Secondly its Only five days to BlogCon and I am really looking forward to it and chatting with fellow bloggers. I hope to see you there.


15 comments:

  1. see you there, the young lady looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't make Blog con. With luck there will be another one next year which I shall try to make. As for the Victorian on the rise, you are not alone it seems to be something in the ether! I love that figure and the painting, very appropriate for the head of St Trinnians... opps did I type that out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work PK :)

    I'm kind-of-interested in doing some Victorian era stuff, based on the Parasol Protectorate novels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice PK, Victorian Civil war springs to mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty nice but initmidating lady you have there! Great painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking figure and I will be there for sure, just not sure what I will be doing LOL

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nicely done, PK. This is the last bouquet and "I love you" this lady will receive from her cheating man friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks superb Pete, really impressive brushwork and there is nothing wrong with a little bit of Victoriana.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on Miss.Adler you've captured her well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's a damn nice lady, see you Saturday Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a wonderful looking lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Okay, okay! I WILL buy your luvverly violets! Now please, put the gun down!" ;)

    Great brushwork there, PK.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She would look fine in my old west town,.. Defending her honour!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...