A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Saturday, 28 December 2013

The First Vehicle Finished for the VBCF Vehicle Painting Competition

I have finished my first entry for the painting competition and it is Warlord Game's Austin K2. I have actually got a little historical on this one and actually painted it up as an BEF Ambulance and it was a nice change to do something that required a little bit of research for me and a bit of discipline too as instead from going off in a fantasy world that I normally go into I have kept to the plot. I am rather pleased with the results on it and have even done a wee bit of weathering too. The nice thing is I can still use it for VBCW. So here are the finished results.





28 comments:

  1. Nice work on the faded red cross signs mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome piece of work PK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn fine painting Sir, like Smillie said great work on the faded crosses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate I am rather pleased with them too

      Delete
  4. Good work PK. One of my favourite soft skinned vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean as it is one of my favourites too

      Delete
  5. Very nice mate, lovely detailing and weathering on it. I must get some vehicles and have a bash its not something I've really tackled yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Simon as I find it a bit hit and miss myself still

      Delete
  6. Nicely done Pk the weathering is very good

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great paint , and effects Sir .
    Cheers .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work and well done on the weathering.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can only repeat what has already been said. The weathering is so very good. The whole thing is nice, but the weathering is absolutely superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint and I have to say I am very happy with the results

      Delete
  10. I really like the driver but as all else are saying, the weathering is excellent, really looks like a vehicle dragged from it's mothballs

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  11. The weathering on the red crosses is exceedingly well done. I tries a bit o' weathering on RAF roundels on a Rolls Royce recently but not with as much success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there John, I used an heavy duty paint brush, the domestic type, and very gently brushes at the transfer while a little wet and this was the result.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...