A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Sunday, 5 January 2014

Pandemic and 1930s Road Signs

Happy New Years chaps and chapettes and I hope you all had a good and enjoyable break over the Christmas and New year period. I am a very lucky chap this Christmas as my wife and my father in law got me a wonderful board game that I have been meaning to get even since seeing it on Will Wheaton's Tabletop show on the you tube channel Geek and Sundry. Now firstly I have to email that the lovely Mrs PK does not play board games or even wargames but this year I have got her into a simple but wonderful fiendish game called Love Letter which she enjoys greatly, so much so that we have played it with some of her freinds when they have come around. So I was shocked when I got the game Pandemic and its add on In the Lad by Z-Man Games, a wonderful coop game where you add as a team trying to stop four diseases destroying the world, as the tag line says

Can You Save Humanity?

I was even more shocked when Mrs PK stated that she wants to play the game and since Christmas we have played the game about ten times and have only won three times, but it is a hard game to win and even losing the game is enjoyable. I have also got the another add on On the Brink and will be looking to add these at a later date. I have to say it is a very enjoyable game that only takes about an hour to play. I can heartily recommend this game.




On top of that I have also been making some Road Signs from the 1930s for my Very British Civil War games to make the "battlefield" more interesting and realistic. They are jolly easy to make as i was lucky enough to have a chap of the VBCF forum design them for a game we put on at Partizan a few years back and he sent me the file with them on. I simple printed them as a photo on photo paper and put them on painted cocktail sticks which had a thin wire attached to the them to form a base. Glued to pennies and bases I think that they are jolly effect and look the part. The down side is I still even more of them but at least they dont take too long to do. So here they are and what do you think?





I wish you all a very happy and prosperous New year.

19 comments:

  1. I have played Pandemic twice, It is a hard game to beat, but very enjoyable.

    The road signs are great these little touches reall make a game stand out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Clint I am glad you like the Road Signs and the game is just amazing

      Delete
  2. My wife used to be a demon Seastrike player.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its nice to that the better halves do like games isnt it

      Delete
  3. Signs on the gaming table, IMO, really stir up the imagination and help to draw the casual observer, or gamer into the scene and scenario. Great job. The signs are very nice, PK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Jay I am planning on doing some more over the weekend too

      Delete
  4. Fabulous post, always good to get the better half involved in hobby related matters, I tried with Zombicide, but the Saintly Mrs Awdry seemed a little unimpressed! Great signposts too Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael I thought than Mrs PK would not be interesting but actually she is very good at it. This all started a couple of months with a game called Love Letters, a Old Maid style game with a twist and it gone on from there

      Delete
  5. Not heard of that game it sounds fun though!

    Road signs look excellent! Brill job mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simon it is a great game with so many ways to play it. When worth checking it out.

      Glad you like the signs

      Delete
  6. The road signs are the business - very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Road signs PK, Happy \New Year to you and yours BTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a very Happy New Year to you and your family too Loki. I am chuffed you like the signs

      Delete
  8. Very neat I tried to get these sort of things done but failed miserably, I even down loaded a 1930's copy of the Highway Code and still failed!! So well done you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irqan if you link this link

      [url]http://vbcf.freeforums.org/1930s-road-signs-and-help-with-them-t2371.html[/url]

      should should be able to download the ones I have used

      Delete
  9. These look really nice and will add a bit more interest to the table

    You have me interested in that game, I am lucky my wife loves board games

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just discovered your road signs....will pinch this idea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...