Sunday, 19 January 2014

The Club House

Here is one of those projects that you have burning in the background while doing other things and you do a bit, leave it, do a bit more, leave it, etc, etc. Please tell me I am not the only person that does this! Its the Renedra's wonderful ACW farmhouse but I think it will make a wonderful club house for the local cricket team. Now I have to admit first that the idea has bit borrowed from Michael Awdry at 28mm Victorian Warfare Blog and his The Pavilion for his zombie games.



Now this has taken a few weeks to complete in this drip/drab fashion but it has also given me time to think about how to do this and where I want things and once I have got the picket fence sorted and in place and the scoreboard worked out I was ready with the painting of it. I built up the white from a mid grey to white in layers using the wet brush technique which turned out rather neatly. The chimney I went for the terracotta colour but then washing a cream colour over it to get the mortar and then drybrushed more terracotta over the chimney again. I am pleased with the overall effect and now I just have to wait for Trick's and Sloppy Jalopy to caste up the cricketers and it will be complete.





28 comments:

  1. This club house is very attractive! Beautiful work, I like your scoreboard! Btw, you're not the only person that does this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew I am rather glad that I am not the only one and thanks there for your kind words Phil

      Delete
  2. The cricket pavilion looks the business. You will have to provide your own cucumber sandwiches though. But you might be able to find a figure of a woman with a tea pot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there is an idea and I am going to have to be on the look out for one of them. Ta Clint

      Delete
  3. This is definitely the dogs danglies PK. A great addition for your games :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Pk, I can just envisgae the morris dancers providing some entertainment at tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Loki and I am sure that Mrs PK will be happy with her Morris men dancing around, chasing out badgers, lol

      Delete
  5. That looks excellent especially being as its white. Fantastically done mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats there Simon, I wonderful if it could be the Gentlemen's Club House too for EotD?

      Delete
  6. Stunning clubhouse.I can't wait for the Sloppy Jallopy cricketers either...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Alan and I how that they are on their way soon

      Delete
  7. Great looking club house ! Perfect for a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael and thats so true, More Tea Vicar?

      Delete
  8. Well done that man - great job Pete!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael and if it wasnt for you doing this first I would of never of thought of it so Thank You Michael

      Delete
  9. Nice work. Your cricketers can be proud of their new club house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Moiterei I hope they will too

      Delete
  10. Wonderful conversion. Almost makes up for the ashes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there John but nothing can make up for that

      Delete
  11. Excellent work there PK! Don't worry about the Ashes, must be the smallest trophy/cup in the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Rodger but the flipping Australians have won it back man, mind you their seem to have won it back most of the time.

      Delete
  12. Very cool clubhouse Pete! I love how you used the fences very inventive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Mr Smillie I was thinking how to do the fence and then , bingo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...