A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Saturday, 1 February 2014

On the Painting Table 13


Yes its Saturday and it Paint Table time and what goodies are there.


As you can see there are a couple of things that have not changed since last week that chiefly being the Gypsy Caravan, mainly because I cannot decide whether to basecoat it black or not and what colours to paint it anyway. I have some new items on there too, some sheep and two rather big beasties in the form of a Stug and a Sd. Kfz 250/1. Now don't worry chaps I haven't gone all late Second World War on you all.


I am actually building these for a gaming friend of mine as he hates building them, especially when there come with no instructions. Both of these vehicles are from Black Tree Designs and are fully metal, the Sturmgeschütz III or StuG III weighs 600 grams and the Schützenpanzerwagen 250/1 or Sd. Kfz 250/01 only weighs 350 grams, I real light weight. The Stug was quite straight forward to build and only a little bit of filling with green stuff was required but the Sd. Kfz 250 is a right pain in the backside. There are huge gaps where the top part of the chassis does not meet the bottom part and gaps all over the place that have to be filled in with green stuff and then sanded down to smooth the finish. Now I know that I could leave most of them as they are partly covered but the wheels and tracks but I would know and if it was mine I would fill them in so I am filling them in, a very long task.


But at least I have got the skintone done on the Gypsies and another member of the Gentleman's Club for my Empire of the Dead gang. I am enjoying this little departure into the Vicky world still but it still leave me with one question. That question being, "Should I basecoat the Gypsy Caravan or not?"

Have a great weekend chaps and more posting soon.




6 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating and showing us your paint table ! I added your link in my blog post. You have a lot going on on your paint table! If I where you I would basecoat the gypsy caravan black and then paint in red or green. Or an other rich color.
    Greetings, Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a good chap for taking such good care of that Hanomag. I was wondering if it was going to be alternate transport for your gypsies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paint the caravan green! A dark green base coat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep plugging away, PK. And a great wknd to you too, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My advice is do a google search for gypsy caravans pick one you like the look od and copy the colours! I know that makes it sound easier than it is really. But the moment you start you'll know if it's the right colour for you.

    Have a good week end Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Panzer
    Great blog sir!

    Gypsy caravan should be bright red or blue with lots of gilt

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...