A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Sunday, 30 March 2014

On the Paint Table Number 21


Yes it On the Paint Table, number 21, which is amazing and it is growing from strength to strength which is no bad thing. Well today on the paint table we still have most of the same figures as last week but this time they are been basecoated and in most cases have had the base skin colour added.


 
As you can see I have actually nearing finished two of the figures on the paint table and that is Reverend Farthing and Verger Yatesman from Warlord Games Dad Army set, sculpted by Paul Hicks. Now both of these figures have been a dream to paint and I have been trying a new technique in painting both the skintone, the hair as well of the black. I think I like the results and it surprised me in the fact it has taken about the same time as my normal style, so bonus.


 
But dont worry cricket fans, and yes the reason for this being late was the fact I was watching England loss to South Africa in the T20 World Cup, sickening especially after a great game midweek. So to cheer myself up I have started the Cricketers from Sloppy Jalopy, sculpted by Bill Thornhill, and these too are proving a dream to paint. Okay that might be of a white lie as I have only managed to paint the base of the skin on them at the moment, but the faces seem to have character and a good level of detail, so who knows. I am hoping to have these chaps finished but the end of the week so they can replace the current English Cricket Team.

 
Anyway enjoy the rest of the weekend and have a wonderful week ahead.




17 comments:

  1. Great job Mate, I'm going to have to have some of those Dad's Army miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael and they are blooming lovely miniatures

      Delete
  2. These do look rather smart

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola
    Buena mesa de pintura te as puesto si señor
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say sir. Splendid stuff always good to see a verger out and about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Clint and I do like him

      Delete
  5. Great job on the completed figures and the rest are coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great panting, PK. And the Verger is still my favorite...what a great looking character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay and I do like the Verger too

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fine work on the verger and vicar, PK. I love the check pattern on the verger's cloth cap, very effective, and the black on the cassock and the vicar's suit is good. Bravo, sir.
    Cheers,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Michael I do hope to have the rest completed too

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...