A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wednesday, 9 April 2014

Cricketers by Sloppy Jalopy and some VBCW dice by em4miniatures

Yes at long last I have finished the cricketers off and i am very pleased with the results. I have been using a new painting style, new to me that is, and I have to say I think it has improved my painting style no end. On are using washes and inks to shade and enter dark to light, thin layers to build up the colours. That part that has amazed my the most is that it has not really taken me any longer than normal. But what I have t say is the fact that the sculpts and castes by Sloppy Jalopy and Bill Thornhill as truly amazing and its them that painted themselves. So here are some pictures of the finished chaps and soon there will be a better picture of them.




The next thing I want to bring to your attention is em4miniature will have some VBCW dice for Sale at Salute, based on artwork supplied by me. Price will be £1.25 each and we are on stand TE10. There's a limited number of each and initially they'll only be available on the day at the stand. Personally I hope they do way and may find themselves into many gamers dice completion.


Anyway everyone have a wonderful day and to those who are going to Salute I hope to have a chat.I will be the greying, overweight, middle aged man, so should be easy to spot, lol.

30 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful Pete, you have done such a fabulous job on these that I will have to have some of my own before too long. Looking forward to finally catching up on Saturday, I shall be balding, overweight, middle aged man! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to spotting you chap, which I am sure it will be easy to do, One o'clock at the bloggers meet about right? They are wonderful figures and a real job to paint up.

      Delete
  2. Hee hee heee I do like the dice! I may have to get a couple..... unless they sell out super quick.

    Cricketers look good as well The Blazers do look very good indeed. Just like you would get at a posh team. Cracking stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Clint and I look forward to seeing you there to. I have been doing a posh lot recently haven't I? I think I will need to change that.

      As for the dice I actually hope they do sell out as if they prove popular maybe more will be produced.

      Delete
  3. Very nice Dice Pete. Those cricketers have come out rather well I love the blazers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Loki and I have to say I am rather pleased with the results. I am glad you like the dice.

      Delete
  4. Great work i love the colors .
    Cheers .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cricketers look fantastic PK! Love the dice, very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rodger and we all need dice.

      Delete
  6. I love these. No Salute for me, have a great time

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that I will not see you there and I will enjoy myself.

      Delete
  7. Excellent paint job and great looking dices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cricketeers look great. There is a guy over at the Across the Dead Earth Forums whose going to do a Cricked themed Apocalyptic faction and I pointed him in the direction of these chaps.

    Those Dice look excellent I shall they shall be snapped pretty sharpish on the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Simon and please do as there are great sculpts and bags of character that would suit any gaming table.

      I am hoping that will be the case with the dice.

      Delete
  9. Very nicely done, PK. Have a great time at the convention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Jay and I will have a good time

      Delete
  10. Exellent looking cricket team !!!

    The dice look realy nice !

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is anyone stocking the Cricketers at Salute?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really dont know if anyone is Nigel but I have emailed Tricks to find out.

      Delete
  12. PK.. Will you have a backpack?

    Nice job on the cricketers, and the dice are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so need to get some "blazing dice" dice made!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks there Dave. I will be armed with a man bag, lol and as for the dice I was lucky to have a em4miniatures interested in doing the dice, so no cost to yours truly. They can do custom dice with an image and also Warbase can do them too, not as colourful as these, theirs as etched, but still good.

      Delete
  13. A very nice paintjob. I love the colours matching nicely especially this purple tone.

    And the dice look magnificent. Actually I need one of those with Britannia and the Union Jack but unfortunately I'll not make it to Salute. :-(
    Maybe I'll get a chance to catch one day later...

    Have a great time at Salute !

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look great and I like the purple white contrast.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Stefan and I believe if they sell well at Salute they will go into production.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...