Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Dad's Army by Paul Hicks, an Update and WIP

Well as you could see from my "On the Paint Table" last weekend that I have some Dad's Army figures that I am painting at the moment. Well this is a update about them. Now I have to say that they are being painted for a VBCW game that is taken place at Partizan, Newark on 1st June, yes my annual big game is coming, lol, but also they are a part of a lead mountain painting exercise that some of the chaps on VBCF are doing.



As you can I have finished the Reverend Farthing and Verger Yatesman but also I have finished Mainwaring as a Bank Manager, Sergeant Wilson in civvies and but Hodges, as ARP Warden and as Green Grocer. They as wonderful sculpts, thanks Mr P Hicks, and they rather paint themselves. They actually do look like the characters involved in the actually flesh and have bags of character and I bloody like them, more so than the foundry ones which are a bit generic and cartoony.





I am also working of Captain Mainwaring and Sergeant Wilson too in Home Guard uniform. I have tried to stay as faithful to the TV series as I can with these and also all the characters. With these it is the details to finish and the bases and that's it, just another ten to go.





Well I hope you enjoy them and hopefully I should have an update towards the end of the week, so have a good day and thanks for reading.

Ta

PK

29 comments:

  1. All you need now is a U boat commander.... Don't tell him Pike!

    Lovely figures PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that would be a great figure indeed. Thanks Dave

      Delete
  2. Don't panic, don't panic!!

    They are lovely figures and your paint work does them credit, PK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continuing the Quote... "Doomed. We are doomed I tell you Doomed!" We may be but these figures aren't . Nice work PK

    ReplyDelete
  4. "....but Uncle Arthur!"

    Lovely job PK :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love these and you are making them very difficult to resist! Basing is stunning too Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Michael and yes go buy them, you know you want to

      Delete
  6. Lovely job, very tempted by the set and I hear their trying to remake the series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran and the set is a lovely set and well worth the price if you ask me. I have hear that too but I think its a film

      Delete
  7. Stupid Boy Pike! excellent work Pete

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant work and very characterful - as always. I think I might watch a bit of Dad's Army whilst painting now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go on its a great and funny series and thanks

      Delete
  9. Lovely work, both painting and sculpts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greate paint work of lovely minis !

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so much fun. I can see why you're doing it. I'm putting a Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorrenus in my Roman army as Centurians for the same reason.

    The game and figures are both great fun to look at and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...