A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Sunday, 27 April 2014

On the Painting Table, No. 25


Yes its the 25th week of on the paint table and it is still from strenght to strenght, well done there Sofia, check out her blog Here. Anyway a little has happened since last week but dont be fooled into thinking that I have actually finished some stuff, no I have just moved them to the back again. Now thats the story of a painting magpie.


As you can see I have just a few bits on the table and I want, need to have these finished by the end of May, to be ready for Partizan on 1st June in Newark, where once again I will be putting on a demo game of VBCW with some of the chaps from the Very British Civil Forum. As you can see I have two of Warbase's wonderful terrace house and their Mansard House, which I think looks a bit like Doctor Mops house from Chigley. Also there is a coule of carts that they do plus Warlord's  Dad's Army box set and a Sloppy Jalopy interwar car.






As you can you the Dads Army figures are coming along rather nicely. I am painting up Captain Mainwaring, Sergeant Wilson and ARP Warden Hoges. Now thse can both in the uniforms that they worn as well as Civie dress too and I have been enjoying painting these chaps up. I have finished the civies figures bar the bases and have started on the uniformed versions now. Once I have finished these I still have another ten to do before I finish the set off.






Lastly on the table is a Crossley 19.6HP Trourer from Sloppy Jalopy that I managed to assemble and basecoat before the rain hit. This is a another rather nice kit for the chaps at Sloppy Jalopy, not the earliest of kits to assemble but it does come with some instructions, another manufactures could take note here, as if any wargaming companies read my blog, lol, but once built is is a lovely kit that is true to scale with most of my VBCW figures. I am looking to use it for the Duke of Rutland but will have to think about the colour of it first.

Anyway enjoy the rest of the weekend and have a lovely week head.

Ta

PK

18 comments:

  1. Very nice Pete, all coming along rather nicely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you there Loki and I have to say I have surprised myself by actually finishing four, yes four figures today.

      Delete
  2. Very nice PK a lot going on and it all looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Clint and maybe I will actually have them finished by the end of the week, well I can dream

      Delete
  3. Nice looking figures, great sculpts. The buildings are superb and that automobile is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne and they are great sculpts, by Paul Hicks. I am enjoying painting them and the houses too

      Delete
  4. Nice mix of bits Pete. For the Crossley, maybe burgundy/hull red with black fenders and running boards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Tamsin and I have to say that Mrs PK said the same colour so burgundy it shall be

      Delete
  5. I do love your painting table at the moment Pete and I was sorely tempted by the Dad's Army miniatures too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Michael and the Dad's Army figures are lovely but it does come at a price. Mind you, you do get 18 figures in the pack.

      Delete
  6. Hola Buena mesa si señor me gusta
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias no me alegro de que te gustan.

      Sorry if this has not come out the way it should

      Delete
    2. Hello
      Not if the translator was, but what e said is that if like me your table on Saturday and I liked the figures.
      a greeting

      Delete
    3. Jolly I dont think thats what I meant, lol

      Delete
  7. I have a box of warlor's dad's Army figures in the cupboard just waiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are wonderful figures and a real pleasure to paint.

      Delete
  8. This all looks cracking, great work - finally have a day off from work this year to nip to Kelham Hall

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...