Thursday, 3 April 2014

Sloppy Jalopy's Cricketers, a work in progress

I have actually made a start on my Cricketers from Sloppy Jalopy and I have to say that they are very nicely sculpted and have casted rather well with no flash and little in the way of mould lines. They are painting up rather nicely too. So far I have done the skintonesas well as finishing off the shirts and trousers using Vallejo Game Colour Off White and now I have just started the cream jumpers and pads. This is just a basecoat on the jumpers and pads and will be lighten up. After this the club colours are going to be added and the Blazers done. Here is the latest stage that they are at.





20 comments:

  1. You're not making these easy for me to resist Pete! Great job Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there and go on Michael treat yourself are they are only 15 quid for 12 figures, a bargain if I ever saw one.

      Delete
  2. Every step is a good one. Really enjoying these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint they are lovely figures that Bill Thornhill has sculpted

      Delete
  3. These are looking rather nice!

    "So far I have done the skintonesas" rather threw me. For a second I was wondering how you know which were skint ones! Doh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Edwin and strangely I am painting in the locals of a local club who are everything by shint

      Delete
  4. These are coming on a treat, even better you look to increase Michael's lead pile

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Ian and I am hoping too, :D

      Delete
  5. Hope they play on the table with a straight bat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do that John and maybe even better on a sticky wicket

      Delete
  6. Dashed spiffing unit, PK! They look like they'll hit the Reds for six!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe there should of offered their services to England in the T20s too Johnny, lol.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...