Friday, 4 April 2014

The Cricketers, Still a Work in Progress

Well I have now got the jumpers finished and have started on the Club Blazers. Now the next time I decide to paint figures again I must remember that white, off white, creams are a bugger to paint but purple is another level all together of pain. But at least i have actually got that part over with, phew. Now the question is to have the Blazers in stripes or piping? I was thinking of going with black originally as the cricket club I was basing them on colours are purple and black, but now I am thinking that I need a brighter colour or I might go with grey. Anyway here is the latest stage that they are at.







20 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! Love the purple and given the scale at which you're working I might be tempted to go with piping, yellow for preference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Michael the purple was a real pain but I think it was worth it.

      Delete
  2. Kin Brilliant! Purple would not have been my first choice, but it does look good. I really like these a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint and the purple was chosen because it is the cricket club that a friend of mine plays for.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love the creams and whites, BRAVO

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you have definitely mastered the white pigment in the arena of figure painting. Nice going, PK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work! Is always apleasure visit your blog!

    Greetings from Brazil!

    Mauther

    ReplyDelete
  6. As an alternative to white or off white you could have gone for Ivory, Bone or Beige.......
    Really nice blazers, I agree with Michael, yellow trim

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...