A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Anglo Danes and Sloppy Jalopy's Crossley 19.6

I can not believe that I have actually finished so figures and I have not shown them off, old age is setting in, damn. Well actually its unfortunately not old age but rather more domestic things which have taken it toll of my time and thoughts at the moment and that's to do with the lovely Mrs PK, my rock. Mrs PK has been waiting for a operation on a fatty lump to be removed, and that's not me. Well yesterday she went into hospital and the operation was a success but it does mean that she will be off work for about four weeks and will not be able to do much save resting. So if I miss your posts or don't post as much within the few weeks this is because Mrs PK will have me chained to the kitchen sink making cuppas for her, what else could a man do?


Anyway enough of that and back to the finished figures. Here are the finished Anglo Danes Huscarles for my Anglo Dane, here they are Loki, force for Saga and also for Valhalla, which I am going to have to do a review about as it is a great game. I have gone for the Dane Axe wielding warrior look with all the Gucci equipment of an elite warrior and I think they are come out rather nicely. I am going to have to get the rest of the force finished but I am enjoying doing them as fillers between other projects. The figures are from Gripping Beast's Plastic Saxons box set and are lovely figures with lots of possibilities.



Next up is the Crossley 19.6 by Sloppy Jalopy. I have to say this was a nice project and change for me to do something that was not a tank or khaki. The model is a nice model that when together very well with little or no fuss. I when for the deep red colour, with was one of their catalogue colours with leather seats. I think I will be getting another one soon as I have loved this one.



Also by Sloppy Jalopy the Cricketers that I have painted but never got around to doing a decent picture of, well I have and here they are. At the moment I am working on a cricket pitch for the forthcoming Partizan in the Park, but more on that shortly.



Have a nice day Chaps and Chapesses

Ta

PK

26 comments:

  1. Hoping that Mrs PK's OP goes well and that she recovers quickly.

    The buggy looks nice and sporty for the period it will suit those cricketers very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Clint and Mrs PK op went fine and she is back home

      Delete
  2. Nice work, PK. Cricketeering has come a long way in that the cricketers now carry weapons. These fellas mean business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Jay and yes these guys do mean business

      Delete
  3. Nice figures and car, PK. I hope your missus gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there A J and the missus is on the mend

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, love the Anglo Danes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look after the wife, they're worth their weight, etc...

    The more I see of those cricketers, the more I want them. You've done a lovely job there! Really nice stuff all round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Edwin and yes they are, but as for the cricketers they are amazing sculpts and well worth getting

      Delete
  6. Superb Pete, give my regards to the boss and wish her all the best from me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Loki and the boss said who? No she was very happy and says thanks there. Cheers mate

      Delete
  7. Great looking figures, love the axe boys.

    Hope Mrs. PK has a speedy recovery

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Ian and I too hope Mrs PK a speedy recovery too

      Delete
  8. That Crossley is just magical, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic work all round PK!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent work Pete, especially love the armour colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran and I am rather pleased with the colour too and it is easy to do. Basically gunmetalmixed with a bit of black, washed with black and blue ink mixed roughly 1 part black and 2 parts blue and then light dry brush with gunmetal

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...