A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Monday, 19 May 2014

Start of the Cricket Pitch for Partizan: Under the Covers

Yes indeed I have made a start on the cricket pitch indeed, with the Indian Premier League, IPL on the tele and the weather being some pleasantly warm, I that I would take advantage of this and crack on with it.




Here is the start of the Cricket Pitch that I've got to have to get finished for Partizan, Under the Covers. Yes i do know that the groundskeepers has not dont a great job of the outfield and know he is on his final warning to pull up his socks.

It simply started as a circular piece of ply measuring 14 inches in diameter and I have applied the usually sand and grit to it and then undercoated it. Next the base has been drybrushed earth colour and then a lighter earth colour on top. Next the actually playing pitch has been measured out.marked out and then some grass green flock has been added to give the feel and impression of neat, close cut grass.

But there is still tons to do to it.



Thanks for looking 

PK

28 comments:

  1. I say I do hope you gave the Ground keeper a rollicking! Mind you I think with a bit of care the pitch will soon spring into life.

    Nice work PK. It will be great when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Clint and the Groundsman is one his last and final warning over this, but in truth we dont want to lose him as he is very good.

      Delete
  2. Knocked me for "6" there Pete nice work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work sir! BTW do you recall Subuteo Cricket at all. I had a set -wish I'd kept it.It contained sight screens and a man with a roller amongst other delights...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Alan yes I do recall that as I had the game too. I rather enjoyed too and I wish I had kept it along with my Subuteo Rugby. There is a set in evilbay for about £20

      Delete
  4. It's coming on, looking forward to seeing this done

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good PK though I may be a poor colonial cousin (and I am) I did spend a pleasant Saturday under the big tree at Cambridge watching a match. Though I was unsure of the rules I was pleased to have seen a real cricket match til a spectator told me that a match lasts several days. Wow I though you Brits sure have time on your hands!

    Yes PK I've read the "official" VBCW before but it seems people set games in their local neighborhood and incorporate units taken from local clubs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never say "poor colonial cousin" and when it comes to cricket I rather like the game. The IPL play a form that is T20, where each team has 20 overs to get the highest score to win. This is usually over in about three hours or so.

      VBCW can be played anywhere, in my opinion, but it does have that British feel. There are chaps all over the world not playing in their back gardens and chaps setting it in the Colonials too

      Delete
    2. Yes it seems very British in a Dad's Army sort of way.

      Delete
  6. Excellent start PK. Those excellently painted kricket boys need a good pitch indeed.
    Unfortunately I haven't understood the rules of Kricket but I'll follow your progress with interest.

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Monty, needing to know the rules of cricket is the last thing you need to know.

      Delete
  7. I love it Pete and was hoping you would do something like this. Now don't forget the minefield disguised as molehills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks there Michael and I am glad that you are enjoying this. Now minefields in VBCW horrid idea but a false me disguised as moleshills what an idea and thanks there Michael

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent PK! Great looking wicket!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Rodger and lets hope it does become a sticky wicket, lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful landscape for Old Dog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent PK.. Now where is the scoreboard, the roller etc to provide cover ???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...