Monday, 26 May 2014

The Battle of Cattows Farm, ECW in One to One scale, well almost

Yesterday with the sun blazing in the sky and beating down on the earth, Mrs PK and myself decided to go to this place called Cattows Farm near Coalville at the incite of a good freind of mine to watch grown men and women play soldiers, sorry re-enact an English Civil War battle, I think the first part was correct. With the ground having more mud than the Somme, it was an interesting day. The battle by the chaps and chapettes of the Sealed Knot was actually rather good and very enjoyable and for them luckily the ground was good to firm, unlike the puddle of mud Mrs PK and I was standing in. Also I got to met a very nice chap and author of The Civil War Chronicles, Michael Arnold. The series follows the exploits of a Captain Stryker during the civil war and I cannot tell you much more than that as I have never read them by I now own his first four books signed by him and I will let you know how there pan out. Might be some good information for a VBCW character too. Anyway his website is www.michael-arnold.net so go check him out. Anyway photos.

















15 comments:

  1. Not an ECW fan but I am an ex-re-enactor! So it is always good to see another group put on a show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go to a re-enactment to see the weapons and the uniforms. Nice pics PK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos, PK. ECW is one of those periods I keep thinking I'll get into one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good looking polite, well dressed tussle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blazing sunshine! It rained all day with us! Looks like a great day out Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a short note to let you know that I've nominated this blog for a Liebster Award. It's entirely up to you if you want to accept it and how you want to respond. Details at: http://wargamesleadslifenstuff.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing some realy nice pictures of a occurrence that we don´t have in Sweden, at least not thais period and absolutely not in the size that this look to be.

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you both enjoyed the day. I recall my days in the SK very happily.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm afraid I've awarded you a Liebster! I've put the details on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you enjoyed the weekend - I'm the musketeer in the right forground of your first picture!

    It was very wet for most of the weekend, and got worse after these pictures were taken. We had a major thunderstorm on Saturday evening, and some people had to be towed off the camp site on Monday, but the rain held off for both battles

    Despite the weather and the mud, we still managed to enjoy ourselves - the event was well-organised by the host regiment, the battles worked well, and there was beer and singing in the evenings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John Orange
      Plymouth UK

      Prince Maurices Dragoones
      www.princemauricesregiment.org.uk

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...