A Very British Civil Forum

A Very British Civil Forum
For a Great Forum on Interwar Conflicts, SCW and VBCW click this way

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Google Plus Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page
Wargame Bloggers Quarterly Facebook Page

Friday, 6 June 2014

The Old Mojo is Coming Back or On the Paint Table 31


The old painting mojo is back, after being away for a few months, the last six at least I sat down and decided to do some drawing and painting. Now this chap is a proud Viking from over the sea praising Thor, Odin or Loki or some such deity, before or after a battle. I have gone for a striking pose, giving him the axe and Viking helmet and I am rather pleased with the whole thing.


Now I dont know which is totally within the rules of on the Paint Table, but really this is was is on the paint table. Maybe Sofie can say yeah or hay, I am hoping yeah. This is a couple of the work in progress, I have aimed to may this as close as I can to natural colours that they worn and I know the colours can be very bright indeed. I can tell you painting the mail shirt and the helmet was a pain as I really dont like painting metals as I never think I get it right but I am happy with the results on this one.


I am hoping to have him finished over the weekend and then it is time to work on the background to add him into. Now I have to think about what to actually put into the background but the chap who asked me to do this has said .............................., okay I wont tell. I will leave you with one that didn't cut the mustard.



So everyone have a great weekend and following week.

Ta

PK


23 comments:

  1. Utterly fantastic! Love 'em both.

    Was actually looking at some rather silly (not intentional) renditions of Vikings earlier today with a friend, so these are refreshingly AWESOME! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Jason and I was trying to make him as realistic as possible.

      Delete
  2. Wow, PK! They are both really fabulous works of art. I'm so glad you're back to your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosbif and I am glad and happy to

      Delete
  3. Awesome work PK! Why did the other not make the grade, looks fantastic to me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rodger and as you the other one, it will still be painted up it just didnt make the grade for painting at the moment that all.

      Delete
  4. Great to see you drawing again Pete; it's a yes from me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see some drawings back mate. They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both Superb Pete, top quality work as always. and its a yes from me as you are drawing and painting wonders for us to view

    ReplyDelete
  7. Top work Sir , well done .
    Cheers .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are excellent. Certainly capture the feel of what I think a Viking should look like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MarkG and I am glad you think you about capturing the look.

      Delete
  9. I like both as well, totally different feel to them. Looking forward to seeing him finished

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Striking stuff, PK! Looking forward to seeing the finished result.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think they are both superb. Excellent work Ray.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...