Sunday, 6 July 2014

Spanish Civil War and Fighting the Urge

Yes it is no on the paint Table again for me for many reasons, most personal but also as I have been designing flags for the Spanish Civil War. So I guess then this is my On the Paint Table, sort of.


Now isn't it strange how a chance chat, forum thread, film or whatever sparks something within and this what has happened to me. I was discussing the SCW list for Chain of Command from the Too Fat Lardies and before you know it I was designing flags for the SCW. Now I have to tell you I have been meaning to do this for some time and I actually got a chance to sit down and plan what I am going to be doing and what I am going to cover. Now this is strange as I normally don't think that way and sort of organically design the flags as I go along but actually deciding what I am going to be doing, means I have set targets like 12 Republicans, 12 Nationalists, etc, and then design them around the broad settings.


So Firstly I have decided to go with Republicans first for many reasons but mainly my preference and have gone with the most common flags used. That said there is an amazing amount of variety within what I thought would a standard but what do I know.


So I am planning of doing the Nationalists flags next before I get into the militias and the internationals. I hope you like them and feel free to comment.




Hope a nice weekend.

PK

11 comments:

  1. Give in to the Dark side. Succumb to a new project. The SCW is very much like VBCW in many ways but not quite as it is based on history.

    That aside the flags do look really good, and I am sure they will encourage others to take up this fascinating period,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flags. If you keep listening to Clint you'll be painting SCW trucks next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work as always. I was also tempted by SCW, and even got a few 20mm figures to noodle around with, but lack of cash scuppered the project. Ho hum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice flags as always. Check out the following link for loads fo flags from the SCW:

    http://www.wargames.cat/Dwnload/Vex/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some very fine looking flags!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are very cool flags PK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning flags, cracking colour!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...