Friday, 15 August 2014

The Farm, Partizan and the Final Leg

Well I am on the final leg of the farm and I am glad to say at least the building will be ready for Other Partizan in Newark on 7th September. I have been enjoying this form of modelling which I have to admit I don't ready do, bit of a basic building chap myself, but I have totally enjoyed it, but I do have the base for this and the windmill to complete.



As you can see for the above pictures, I have finished a fair amount of the farm. I have painted the roof to give an impression of slate, the most common roofing material in Leicestershire, even the gravestones around here are made from stale, and I think I have got the right feel and weight to them and it is a nice contrast with the pinky brick.



The roofing slates was done by basecoating the roof black and then I used Vallejo Model Colour Gray Black to dry brush over the tiles and to give a base and then mixed this colour with Vallejo Game Colour Sombre Grey and drybrushed this colour mix over the Gray Black level. After this I used a very water down black to wash and shade the slates again and drybrushed pure Sombre Grey over again to been out the detail. Finally I drybrushed lightly with Army Painters Uniform Grey to lighten it up a bit and bring out the final details. 



After he roof I came to add the details to the farm like the chimneys, windows and doors. The chimneys where painted to match the brickwork but I was surprised that the tops of the chimneys around here are either painted black or have a row of black bricks at the top. So as I am painting a Leicestershire farm I painted the top black and the chimney pots I painted terracotta and blacken the tops of them to give the impression of soot.



Next up was the windows and the roofing lintel. I elected to paint them white as most of the window frames are white around here an here too and also to add contrast and lighten up the building, which I think it has done.



Then came the doors when I had to think long and hard about which colour to do them. I originally though of doing them a deep red but in the end I decided to paint them green using Vallejo Model Colour Brown Violet as it gave it that farm house feel and I had painted the doors and shutters of the windmill green as well, so I could tire them together.


The only thing left to do its the yard which I have glued some sand to the base and I am going to paint as a rough tarmac, that's my job for today and then the farm is finished. Next up will be the farm animals.

Have a great day.

Ta

PK

16 comments:

  1. I really do like this farm house. Have you considered weathering it a bit, or is it new build?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Clint and I am going to have it as a clean building as I dont want to ruin it as i have a habit of not being able to stop when I start.

      Delete
  2. Looking good. Brown violet is good colour choice for the doors. Adds that splash of colour but still looks utilitarian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you very much Mark and I have to agree with you there.

      Delete
  3. Really really like this PK! The slates look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Rodger and I am rather pleased with the slates and the whole look.

      Delete
  4. The result is simply perfect. Top-notch, chap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! The color choices really work well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Brian and it is always something I worry over.

      Delete
  6. That's really come out well PK. The blonde brick is nothing like what I imagined when I first saw it but it works brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks there Millsy and I am so chuffed with the results.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...